Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Water Color Christmas Card-Scrapy Land Challenge #67- Anything Goes

Hello crafty friends and visitors! It's time for our newest challenge at Scrapy Land, and the theme this time is Anything Goes using a brand die that Scrapy Land  sells. If you're a regular visitor to my blog, you may know that I've been trying to keep up with my Christmas cards this year by making at least one per month. Here is this month's version.




I used SizzixThin Holiday Words Thinlits die for the sentiment. It is colored with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide and then given a coat of Stickles. The sentiment's backing card is blended with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.


I used Sizzix Poinsettia Die and embossing folder to make the single poinsettia. It was colored with Distress inks in Twisted Citron and Worn Lipstick and again, I used the Stickles for the center. A little white acrylic paint and a sprinkle of glitter to make it more festive. I added some Sizzix Mini Holiday Greens (Thinlits) to give the eye somewhere to rest among all this pattern and color.


The background is made using a Tim Holtz stencil using the monoprint technique and colored with a variety of Distress inks and Oxides. To seal the color I gave it a coat of  Ranger Distress Collage Medium. It actually was prettier before adding the medium, but I'm happy the entire background won't disappear if someone spills water on it.

I used the same stencil and blended Peeled Paint DI through it for the design on the very back panel.

My seam binding ribbon was colored with Worn Lipstick DOX . I edged the background with Frayed Burlap and splattered the panel with white acrylic paint.


Now it your turn! Please pop over to  Scrapy Land and check out the beautiful inspiration from my teamies and then get out your dies and get creating! It's an easy one this time-Anything Goes! Just remember to use at least one brand die that Scrapy Land sells. We are changing up the prizes-now both a lucky random winner  AND a winner chosen by the Design Team each receives a generous $10 gift certificate to Scrapy Land and our Top Picks receive badges! We can't wait to see what you will make!

I am joining the following challenges:


Thank you for stopping by today and for all your amazing comments!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily


24 comments:

  1. Great work and effort indeed. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty Christmas card Sara Emily! I admire your choice of colors for this holiday card.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is gorgeous! I originally thought the background was patterned paper. It looks amazing and so does your single poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Sara Emily! The watercolored background is gorgeous and such a perfect color combination! The poinsettia's are stunning~What a spectacular Christmas card!
    Have a super day my friend,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the colors on your beautiful card! Your poinsettia adds the perfect touch and your watercoloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is amazing, Autumn!! The background is stunning!! I can't believe you created it!! Wow!! I love it!! The details you added are perfect!! This is spectacular, my sweet friend!! I adore it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I know you're Sara Emily and not Autumn!! Slip of the keyboard ;) So sorry, my dear and sweet friend!!

      Delete
  7. I absolutely cannot believe you made that background! It looks like luxury gift wrap! You always amaze me and pull things outta your hat I never would have thought of! Love this beautiful make and glad to see you getting those Christmas cards stacked up! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has to be the prettiest Christmas card I have ever seen and I just love it! You created such a stunning background, it really is quite simply amazing! I love the ribbon and the beautiful embossed poinsettia too. Love, love, love this beautiful card!

    Congratulations to you too on joining F&F, I am completely thrilled for you!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such unusual colours for a Christmas card, but they are so gorgeous and really work brilliantly. Thanks for playing along with the HLS Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card super background and using a gorgeous colour mix.
    Thank you for joining our 'Christmas in June' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautifully done, love the poinsettia background! Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely, Sara, and scrumptious colors! Your design is beautiful! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow , gorgeous background !!! Stunning Christmas card !
    Thanks for the inspiration
    Hugs
    Maryvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, this is stunning!! This background is perfect! I love it!
    Hugs Ola

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab project! I love the background and how you created it. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month, Jane (DT) :) x http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. That background panel is absolutely stunning!!! So glad you made it the star of the show, so to speak .. would have been a shame to cover it up! Love the poinsettia and the die cut sentiment is perfect!! Fabulous Christmas card!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A really stylish creation, many thanks for joining in with our Christmas theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. The most Summer-feel-Christmas-card I've ever seen! Gorgeous background and original colours. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Artiste Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a super sweet project you have for us today, so well thought out and put together a fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way, we are so lucky you have entered our RIBBON GIRL challenge blog
    so beautiful to look at good luck hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the non traditional colour, beautiful water colour work. Thanks for playing along with us at http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  21. The card is breathtaking. Background is stunning !!
    Thank you for joining the challenge at HLS XMAS.
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful merry and bright project! Thank you for taking part in this months Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. Clare. DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just beautiful!! Adore the background - love the look and color! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.